Our car experts weigh in on financing, maintenance, and everything in between!
Not all engine oil is created equal, and depending on the climate where you live, you may have to consult your manual to determine the right oil for your vehicle. Before we can determine the right type of oil for your vehicle, let's talk about motor oil markers and how they are determined.
New Year’s resolutions don’t have to be limited self-improvements such as losing weight or kicking bad habits - why not improve multiple areas of your life, including your car! If being a better car owner in the new year is on your list, we have compiled a few ways to help you achieve your goal.
Imagine you're in rush hour traffic on your morning commute, and as if that isn’t bad enough, a large dump truck is in the lane right beside you. Once the truck gets moving, a stray rock comes crashing into your windshield. Should you repair it or replace it?
To understand how you can repair your windshield, we must first take a look at the material it is made of. Finding the perfect type of glass for windshields was no easy feat. Housing glass was inexpensive, but too brittle when broken, making it quite dangerous. Tempered glass couldn’t hold up to all the normal wear and tear. And, plastic wouldn’t remain clear enough long-term. So, the solution to windshield creation landed on laminated glass.
Under-inflated tires are not something you should ever overlook. Neglecting to drive with appropriate tire pressure could cause a fatal accident that was easy to prevent. Driving on tires that are under-inflated is the one of the leading causes of tire failure. When your tire pressure is too low and you hit a bump in the road, the impact causes a momentary spike in PSI, which can lead to a blowout. In fact, if your tire pressure falls 25% below the manufacturer's recommended pressure, your risk of a blowout triples (the risk becomes exponentially higher if your tires surpass that 25% mark)! You may think that you can rely on your vehicle's tire pressure monitoring system, but most systems only warn you if tire pressure has reached that 25% threshold, making your drive unsafe! Many people drive daily with under-inflated tires, unaware of the dangers. If you've been guilty of this, don’t worry, you can be safely on your way by following these tips:
You’ve already prepared and gotten your vehicle ready for winter. But, now you have to drive in winter conditions, are you prepared? Life doesn’t stop because of the change of seasons, so whether or not you’ve driven in winter conditions before it is important to know certain things before hitting the road. Here are a few tips to keep you safe this season!
Here in Collierville we have already had our first snowfall, which is unusual for this time of year down South. Whether you live in the Memphis area or somewhere winter precipitation is seen on a much larger scale, you need to know how to get your vehicle ready for winter! Here are a few things you can do to winterize your vehicle and keep your family safe on the roads this season:
Fuel economy is one of those buzzwords surrounding the purchase of a vehicle. And while fuel efficiency is important, what is often overlooked is fuel grade and type. Most cars still run on gasoline today, but there are other alternatives available on the market. We’ve broken down several to help inform your driving experience.
Have you ever been at the gas pump, looked at the choices in front of you and wondered if you’re picking the right one for your vehicle? If you’re not a car enthusiast or someone who dabbles in car hobbies, all gas options may seem like a no-brainer. You pick Regular, Mid Grade or Premium. Most drivers base their decision on price, and choose Regular. But, is that really the best option for your car? Will choosing premium help your car run more efficiently and burn cleaner? It’s not always that simple. First, let’s break down what the different options mean.
What the National Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has to say about recalls: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 63 million recalled vehicles were present on the road last year. Only about 75 percent of recalled vehicles ever get fixed. The other 25 percent either are not aware of the recall or they have just neglected to have it fixed according to the NHTSA. The NHTSA is responsible for maintaining the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. These standards involve anything that is related to the safety and integrity of the vehicle, as well as anything that is related to safety on the road or safety for passengers in the event of an accident. While some recalls may seem insignificant, the National Safety Commission urges you not to overlook them.