New technologies are enhancing the car driving experience more than ever before. It can be difficult to select the right amenities for you and your passengers when there are so many options available. Luckily, we’ve developed a short list of our favorites and a few we think you can skip the next time you’re on the search for a new vehicle.
- Adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support: You spend a lot of time driving, it’s a good idea to think about how you can make your seat fit the needs of your spine comfort, as well as height.
- Back-up camera: These make reversing and parallel parking a breeze!
- USB port: Charge your devices and play music or use apps through stereo. This will mean you can skip on looking for added features like pre-programmed apps.
- Blind-spot monitoring: This usually blinks a light or makes a small ding noise when a sensor picks up something in your blind-spot. The more things keeping you aware on the road, the better!
- Voice control: Helps you perform functions, such as controlling the radio and calling friends and family, hands-free! This means you can focus your hands, eyes and concentration on the road for safer driving.
- Automatic high beams: These lights are pre-programmed to shine bright when you're driving at night on a clear road, and when oncoming cars are sensed, they dim automatically.
- DVD players: Why pay extra for media amenities when you have smartphones and laptops and IPads? DVD players become a redundant extra amenity.
- Built-in navigation: Because mobile technology makes navigation much easier!
- Apps and Wifi: Both are added amenities that become obsolete with mobile devices and are just an extra expense you don’t need.
It is really easy to pick all of the latest gadgets and gizmos when buying a new or new-to-you car! But, in our experience, several are not needed. When in doubt, pick safety features over media amenities, especially if you have a mobile smart phone. If you have other questions about amenities offered with any of our makes and models, we’d love to have a salesperson assist you today! Give us a call, and we’ll see you on the lot!